Application Development in the Cloud – Where’s the Data
Compute clouds are rapidly becoming a mainstream enabler for applications’ development and deployment. The transition to virtualized, on-demand environments has never been easier with the proliferation of PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) providers that allow developers to focus on their applications’ development while taking away the pains involved in actually deploying and operating it. One of the challenges that still remains, however, is designing, deploying and operating the database tier that’s used by the application.
This session will revolve around databases in the cloud with an emphasis on the developer’s perspective. We will cover the considerations and challenges that pertain to using databases in the cloud and as well as present some of the common approaches to solving these.
AVP Ops & Solutions
Itamar is a startup veteran, a database maven and an advocate for users. He has been with Xeround since 2006 and has held various product management, professional services, and operations roles.
- TIBCO for the cloud
- ?How Well Do You Know Your Customers
- Addressing Cloud and Virtualization Visibility challenges
- Application Development in the Cloud – Where’s the Data
- Case studies: Securing Applications the Cloud Way
- Case study:Cloud Security for Business
- Cloud Computing: Rethink IT. Reinvent Business
- Communication Enabling the Cloud
- Google Enterprise Offering for Microsoft Exchange Customers
- HTML5 & ChromeOS - A true friendship
- IBM and IBM Research Private Cloud Future Directions
- Legal and Contractual Aspects of Cloud Contracts
- Performance & Capacity Monitoring for Windows Azure Environment
- Practical Cloud Computing by HP
- Public Cloud as a Service
- Symantec .cloud
- Taking Water to the Cloud – Challenges and Opportunities in SaaS for Water Utilities
- The Collaborative Cloud